Brushes with Fame

9:13 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
Cindy, Lydia and I - late 1980's


I am very confident that the first person shown in this Silestone Advertisement "I am brazilian brown" is a woman named Lisa that I worked with about 10 years ago in interior design. She looks exactly the same. At the time I left, she was pregnant with her first child. We had just finished making a commercial for the firm we worked for: Partner's Interiors. It's so very cool to know she is doing well. At least she seems well.

I have only had one true brush with fame...and unless you were a dancer in the late 1980's you'll have no idea who I'm talking about. I never heard of him until I took a dance class by him at a Tremaine Dance Convention...his name is Barry. He was a dancer in Janet Jackson videos at the time and he was also on a "Solid-Gold" type of dance show that came on around 1 a.m. So many nights I remember sneaking out of bed when I was 16 and 17 years old to watch his show. I would run to the T.V. anytime one of Janet Jackson's videos came on and watch for Barry. If you were in the room with me, I'd make sure to point him out each time.

I so wanted to skip college and try to make a dance company. My goal was to be a dancer in music videos. My mother was having none of that. She managed to get the choreographer of the ballet troupe I was in to talk to me about going to college. I didn't appreciate that but off to college I went. And I have hardly danced since.

Some days I think about taking a dance class...although I'd be embarrassed to get in a leotard. I sooo do not have a dancer's body today. And with my fibromyalgia...I just don't think it would work for me.

1 Share your thouughts:

Nikki said...

Sweet picture! What a fun memory. Love those tights.