Making a List of What You Want: Scrapbooking Layout with New Magnolia Papers

2:29 AM Posted In Edit This 3 Comments »
Layout features My Mind's Eye Magnolia and Bohemia Papers and Embellishments
Click on image to enlarge


Detail shots:
Click on image to enlarge
Click on image to enlarge
Click on image to enlarge

Do you know what you want?

I received an email from DailyOM.com that urged to outline your intentions. An excerpt from DailyOm reads,
"to manifest our aspirations, we not only need to know what it is we generally wish to achieve; we also need to clearly articulate these aims to ourselves and the universe. When we create a list of what we want, citing each item in as much detail as possible, our aspirations take on new substance. What was once a mere wish becomes real and achievable when put into words."


"Before you agree to do anything that might add even the smallest amount of stress to your life, ask yourself: What is my truest intention? Give yourself time to let a yes resound within you. When it's right, I guarantee that your entire body will feel it.” --Oprah Winfrey

I created the layout shown around the lyrics of Christina Aguilera's song "What a Girl Wants." The photo was taken on our second wedding anniversary - June 2006. The photo is actually a "bad" photo - not one I thought I could use. I applied several artistic filters with Photoshop Elements.

I really connect with the Bohemian trends in scrapbooking right now. Maybe because I just like the word "Bohemian" - the way it rolls off the tongue. Either way, I chose the font "Collapsing Faith" because of it's indie look and it happened to match the font of the rubons I used for the title.

The other elements of this design were chosen to fit with a challenge at Scrapbooker Online. It required two of cardstock, two patterned papers, two tags, two envelopes, two embellishments. You will see that instead of two, I changed the number to THREE. Although I don't have any envelopes.

My pull-out tag lists my intentions, my hopes, my dreams for our marriage.
I intend to
-be a lifelong partner
-be respectful
-be supportive
-be easy to live with
-be patient and understanding
-be loving
-grow together
-learn together
-be full of gratitude
-share

-be trusting



My intentions for sharing this layout with you all is to extend the world as I see it to share with others. I share this layout because every part of my being wants to show you the colors and juxtapostion of elements on my layout - I just want to share.


On April 10, 1994, I wrote these words, which I keep on my desk: "Never again will I do anything for anyone that I do not feel directly from my heart. I will not attend a meeting, make a phone call, write a letter, sponsor or participate in any activity in which every fiber of my being does not resound yes. I will act with the intent to be true to myself." - Oprah Winfrey



Supplies:
PP: MME Magnolia Sundance Our Sweet Home Floral; MME Magnolia You and Me; MAMBI pattern CC-21 Walter Knabe Studio
Cardstock: DCWV, Bazzill
Tags: MME Jen Wilson
Parentheses transparency: MME Magnolia
Butterfly transparencies & Floral rubons: MME Bohemia
Rubon numbers: MME Magnolia
Flower and Stickpins: Scrapologie October kit
Textured tape: Making Memories Cheeky
Font: Collapsing Faith
My own design: large freehand butterfly


Have a great day!

3 Share your thouughts:

Danielle Holsapple said...

Ok - you have inspired me!! I have to get that paper!!

Anonymous said...

What a great philosophy! AND, I love your pages (alway) -- No need to explain why, here. You are a true talent!

Anonymous said...

Wow - strong and very true - love your layout and the wise words! Thanks!