22 Days Left - Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas

8:07 PM Posted In Edit This 16 Comments »
Today's entry is about Christmas cards. I used shimelle's idea to use a circle stamp with journaling inside. I scanned Christmas cards from last year - and I found several that were especially special. The one on the left that is inside the envelope is from my Grandmother who passed away in January.

The rest of the cards I made into snowflakes...kinda a transition from yesterday's entry.

Credits:
*Erica Hite Joyful Season kit at ScrapGirls
*Snowflake shapes: http://graphicssoft.about.com/library/free/bl_free.htm
*Rhonna Farrer Round and Round brushes 2peas
*Tandika Star sequins
*Anna Aspen postage stamp Designing with Digital CD
*Michelle Coleman Handstamped Brushes
*Mandy Steward Life Journal Scrapgirls
*Joy Word Art -Holly Jolly kit at Digichick
*Fonts: Five cents, CK Carolyn, and Jailbird Jenna



16 Share your thouughts:

Anonymous said...

more beautiful pages - I like your little envelope and the way you cut the other cards into snowflakes - thanks so much for posting pics
juliann

Anonymous said...

Cutting the cards into snowflakes is awesome! Love the envelope too! Another great entry!

Anonymous said...

I love these pages Julie Ann! Love that you're doing them digitally too, I really considered it, but I've been missing playing with paper, so I went that route. Might have to throw some digi elements in there though. :-) Thanks for the encouragement!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the cards & the recycled snowflakes -- very clever idea!

Happay Mommay aka Happay Scrappay said...

these must really take alot of planning. Great design and work.

Anonymous said...

the total package!! very smart looking design - i love it!

Anonymous said...

Great job I love your pages!

Rachelle said...

fabulous!!

minnako said...

Hang on, this is digital! Wow! It's amazing, I need to bookmark you and look at your work some more.

I love the snowflakes, such a clever idea!

Anonymous said...

I continue to be amazed by the work you do ... how long did this layout take you to do?

Laura Fiore said...

Another awesome page Julie Ann!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with the other girls - your page is just awsome! :) Love the snowflakes.

Anonymous said...

Ohh - wow - that is sooo wonderful. I esp. love that you used your grandma's card as a keepsake in the journal. A big hug to you!

Jenn N said...

Once again, I am thoroughly enjoying your journal. Now I am looking for it every day.
Keep it up - it's awesome!

Jenn N

Kat said...

Wow, that's such a great idea for your entry, Julie Ann!!! Beautiful!!

Thanks for posting on my blog again - the stazon on acetate is fairly easy: StazOn ink is suitable for every surface so very good for Acetate - as it is very fast drying - where normal inks don't dry or take too long to dry. I used the Opaque Cotton White for my snowflake stamp - and didn't even need any glue or brads etc as the acetate just clings to the photo as overlay. Hope this helps! :)

Anonymous said...

JA, just amazing. Cute little postage stamp! The envelope and cards are divine.
Shell (SBO)