22 Days Left - Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas

8:07 PM Posted In Edit This 18 Comments »
Today's entry is about Christmas cards. I used shimelle's idea to use a circle stamp with journaling inside. I scanned Christmas cards from last year - and I found several that were especially special. The one on the left that is inside the envelope is from my Grandmother who passed away in January.

The rest of the cards I made into snowflakes...kinda a transition from yesterday's entry.

Credits:
*Erica Hite Joyful Season kit at ScrapGirls
*Snowflake shapes: http://graphicssoft.about.com/library/free/bl_free.htm
*Rhonna Farrer Round and Round brushes 2peas
*Tandika Star sequins
*Anna Aspen postage stamp Designing with Digital CD
*Michelle Coleman Handstamped Brushes
*Mandy Steward Life Journal Scrapgirls
*Joy Word Art -Holly Jolly kit at Digichick
*Fonts: Five cents, CK Carolyn, and Jailbird Jenna



18 Share your thouughts:

Anonymous said...

more beautiful pages - I like your little envelope and the way you cut the other cards into snowflakes - thanks so much for posting pics
juliann

Anonymous said...

Cutting the cards into snowflakes is awesome! Love the envelope too! Another great entry!

Chiara said...

your entry is absolutely gorgeous

Laura said...

I love these pages Julie Ann! Love that you're doing them digitally too, I really considered it, but I've been missing playing with paper, so I went that route. Might have to throw some digi elements in there though. :-) Thanks for the encouragement!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the cards & the recycled snowflakes -- very clever idea!

Happay said...

these must really take alot of planning. Great design and work.

beth said...

the total package!! very smart looking design - i love it!

Anonymous said...

Great job I love your pages!

Rachelle said...

fabulous!!

joy madison said...

love the snowflake "ornaments" on the left side! Love it!

Minna said...

Hang on, this is digital! Wow! It's amazing, I need to bookmark you and look at your work some more.

I love the snowflakes, such a clever idea!

Anonymous said...

I continue to be amazed by the work you do ... how long did this layout take you to do?

Laura Fiore said...

Another awesome page Julie Ann!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with the other girls - your page is just awsome! :) Love the snowflakes.

nat said...

Ohh - wow - that is sooo wonderful. I esp. love that you used your grandma's card as a keepsake in the journal. A big hug to you!

Jenn said...

Once again, I am thoroughly enjoying your journal. Now I am looking for it every day.
Keep it up - it's awesome!

Jenn N

Kat said...

Wow, that's such a great idea for your entry, Julie Ann!!! Beautiful!!

Thanks for posting on my blog again - the stazon on acetate is fairly easy: StazOn ink is suitable for every surface so very good for Acetate - as it is very fast drying - where normal inks don't dry or take too long to dry. I used the Opaque Cotton White for my snowflake stamp - and didn't even need any glue or brads etc as the acetate just clings to the photo as overlay. Hope this helps! :)

Anonymous said...

JA, just amazing. Cute little postage stamp! The envelope and cards are divine.
Shell (SBO)