Publication Tip #4

12:12 PM Posted In Edit This 2 Comments »
Publication Tips for Scrapbookers

Learn to scan & stitch your layouts expertly

I have people ask me occasionly which software program I use for scanning my layouts. I have the Epson Perfection 3170 Photo scanner which I so love ( and bought it refurbished from Epson.com), and I use HP Image Zone Plus' Panorama Maker to stitch my layouts.

If I am scanning a 12 x 12 layout, I scan in the four corners. The nice thing about the scanner that I use is that there is a line that I use to line my layout against right under where the lid lifts up. I then use PSE to straighten the layouts using the straighten tool if necessary. I rotate each part and then stitch two halves. Then I rotate the halves and stitch.

Jlynne posted a well-written tutorial on stitching on her blog. Click here to see her step-by-step instructions.

Here is a post on 2peas about scanning and stitching with tips from Janna Wilson.

Good luck!!!!


Enter your Email





Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

2 Share your thouughts:

Anonymous said...

this is my first time visiting your blog... what a useful series... will have to check back for more tips... this is a good one.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Another publication tip! I want you to know that I am really enjoying these tips and the links! I look forward to you posting them.