Don't Throw Out Your Epson Printer!!! Did You Get This Message: parts in your printer have reached end of service life?

6:54 PM Posted In Edit This 3 Comments »
The dreaded happened tonight: I was cleaning the print heads on my printer when I got the message parts in your printer have reached end of service life!!!!


I never heard of such a thing. Instead of panicking, I did a google search for this exact phrase. The first page led me to instructions that got my printing working again without having to get it serviced! It all took about 5 minutes too.

If you want to read the full discussion, you can find it here.

Basically, all I had to do was download a Service Utility and as soon as I clicked on a few items as instructed here - I was back to printing as good as new!

The author that shared the link in that discussion stated that if your Epson is not supported by this utility, you can PM him or her and you will get further support. All you'd have to do is register for that message board in order to PM him or her.

I hope that this will help others get more life out of their beloved Epson printers!!!

3 Share your thouughts:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comments on my blog...I want to be hopeful and thoughts like that are helpful. :)
The family will find out today...if its in his liver. Pray pray is all we are all doing.

liannallama said...

Crazy! Thanks for the tip--I hope I never get this message!

Sarah Coggins said...

*knock on wood* I haven't seen this w/my Epson yet but appreciate the tips! Definitely bookmarking. tfs! :)