La lala la la...it's the weekEND!!!

2:02 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
Day five of Rhonna's challenge has me in a spiritual frame of mind. Now before you roll your eyes and quickly navigate from this page, lol, hear me out.

Actually, I have no idea what I'm going to say other than ask "Is creativity really a spiritual endeavor?" Different persons in history thought so. For instance, the Quakers would never create a single piece of furniture nor architecture unless they felt divinely inspired. Take a good look at Quaker furniture, and you can't help but feel that it is from a source of sacredness. It's just heavenly.

I am on this creative journey and I feel propelled along effortlessly. I don't know why or how, just that I must. I don't know where I'm going despite where I'd LIKE to go. I'm just along for the ride. Some of you know that I am not a religious person...however I believe in defining myself as highly spiritual.

Part of this challenge is to walk a MORE creative path. I typed into google "the source of creativity" and this link came up first. The poem in my page for today is the poem on this website.









MINDLESS MIND
By Swami Veda Bharati

Rain-washed fruit,
stream-washed pebble,
sun-washed earthling
japa-washed mind.
Leaf-sheltered berry,
tree-sheltered shade,
moon-sheltered wild,
guru-sheltered mind.
Om-centered speech,
Mantra-centered thought,
point-centered circle,
Soul-centered mind.
Wind-loved mountain,
breeze-loved hill,
psalm-loved prophet,
god-loved mind.
Peel and cast off body-rind,
all the prana-twists unwind,
loosen breath-warp power-knots,
think the gentle no-thought thoughts.
See by heart's eye un-name numbered,
un-space-measured,
sun-throb-timed,
saintly,
centered,
unbound mind.
Sword-edged knowledge,
ray-sharp wisdom,
two wheels treading pathless paths,
leaving mere mind behind:
japa-washed mind,
guru-sheltered mind,
soul-centered mind,
god-loved mind.
Trained and tamed,
abandoned mind.
On the royal road to god,
By the souls of stainless kind,
By the saints of mindless mind.

0 Share your thouughts: