4:06 PM Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »

A new art journal page. Here is what the journaling prompt was:

When ruled by others' expectations, the heart is the first thing to go. What expectations and pressures do you feel - at home, at work, at church, with friends, with family?
Why do you live under these pressures? How can you start refusing to?
What are your excuses for not living life to the fullest or not living from the heart? Too driven? Too busy? Too tired? Too lonely?
What is keeping your running so you never have time to guard your heart?
Famished hearts are vulnerable hearts. When you haven't been guarding your heart - where do you turn to for fulfillment? Does it leave you empty?

This week's journaling prompts were a bit harder for me to think of what to write. I've been through more than my share of therapy so I feel like I'm good in this department. So I focused this week on the techniques more than the journaling prompts. I am taking this class to learn how to combine paper and digital scrapping more than I'm taking it to "Guard My Heart." If that makes any sense. LOL


So - I used the freebie ScrapSimple paper template that was in the Scrapgirls newsletter this week to make my background paper (unfortunately you can see much of it but I did it - my first time using those). I left the notebook paper blank and hand-wrote the journaling in with a photo marker. I also added to the digital layout the heart sticker, ribbon, and rubon stitching. Oh..and I stamped a few flourishes too.


This was a fun entry to make.


I just journaled from the heart - what was on my mind.


ETA: the quote sticker says "Love those who love you." Voltaire ------- I live by this quote. I first heard it about 10 years ago and it is something I live by.



Credits:
Scrapsimple paper template
Kristy Nerness Collage Combo (Garden and Love)
Braggadocio Distressed1 brush - layered with the background paper
Jen Wilson tag
Jan Crowley notebook paper, paper clip, inked Edge from her Little Black Dress kit
Gina Miller Summery Start Glitter Flower
Font (You're Invited): SP For You
Ribbon: Unknown
Sticker quote: DCWV
Heart sticker: Sonnets Poemstones
Photo marker
Clear stamps: not sure - stampendous maybe
Ink: Stayz On black


0 Share your thouughts: