Wicked Awesome Thursday

1:21 PM Posted In Edit This 1 Comment »


New layouts for the week as promised - featuring the yummy designs of 7gypsies! I could get 7gypsies every month for the DT Kit and be happy as a clam! What do you think of 7ypsies? Is it worth the money?

If the heat here isn't broiling us in upstate NY, then it is raining. I took this flower photo from one of my container gardens after it had been raining.

So in surfing today I came across some interesting things. Computer scientists develop artwork that suits your mood by using a webcam to scan your facial features. Very interesting article.

So the other day I wrote that I was stumped on a layout. I have not made any more progress on it, which is so not like me - not really sure what to do at this point. Yesterday I worked on a layout and while I'm not stumped like I am with the first layout, I am just not happy. Mainly because I didn't take the photos, my MIL took the photos and they are very poor quality. Nevertheless, I'm not overjoyed with my design for the layout. It's not filled with all the greatest and latest techniques. Should I let it get me down? In a time when some magazines like Memory Makers is rumored to be switching to a more clean, graphic look like Simple Scrapbooks magazine - maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself. It's just a layout this is finished for MIL, and I don't have to post it online.

What's next? Julia Cameron writes ab0ut persistence. Take pen in hand and write five occasions you have demonstrated persistence with your art.

1. I entered HOF and the Chatterbox MIM contests this year - no simple tasks
2. I submitted layouts to books and magazines
3. I took a digital scrapbooking class at Big Picture Scrapbooking, and a digital class at CKC, Scrapgirls.com, and a digital class from the Hewlett Packard website
4. I took traditional scrapbooking classes at CKC, my LSS, and Big Picture
5. I participated in a 2peas 2sday online crop

Julia also writes that
" 'Joseph Campbell tells us that "when we follow our bliss, we are met by a thousand unseen helping hands.' Take pen in hand. Number from 1 to 5. List five pairs of helping hands."

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.


My helping hands include MFF, BV, KH, NH, and PW - among others.

Happy Scrapping!

1 Share your thouughts:

Sue K. said...

I totally love the 7 Gypsies stuff that we got to work with this month. So much so that I actually went out and ordered more stuff. I really love all the little metal embellishments, it must be the engineer in me. It is a bit pricey, but if it's something I use, it's got more value than something I buy and let sit in my stash.